In its newly published 2018 Advertising Playbook, primary research firm PSFK predicts 2018 will be the year of experiential marketing, and concludes in its finding that experiential marketing has become the most critical tool in the modern marketer’s arsenal.
Well, we couldn't agree more.
For WonderHouse, we're excited to see further validation of the trend that for brand marketers, it's all about the experience. And while WonderHouse puts a media-focused twist on experiential marketing, we believe is has a similar effect on media and influencers who have the reach to communicate their brand experiences to their consumer readers.
Some findings from the PSFK research for brands:
- Launching a new product or service (41% say it is a top priority)
- Building brand awareness (48%)
- Gaining market share (40%)
- Reinvigorating customer interest (50%)
- Changing an established customer perception (46%)
The study also found:
- 69% have created an experiential activation with the goal of helping have a better understanding of a product or brand
- 38% have created an experiential activation in order to improve social media / influencer engagement
- 42% have created a brand experience with the goal of sharing a brand's vision for the future
- 58% of industry experts have created a experiential activation with the goal of helping consumers understand how a brand fits into their lifestyle
PSFK is primarily a research company and is the world's leading provider of innovation, insights and trends. Its research addresses several industries, including technology, advertising, design and retail.
We recognize that smaller food and beverage brands -- often the ones who create the most innovative products -- can benefit most from participating in WonderHouse. We also know they need to carefully watch their marketing and PR budgets.
That's why we're excited to offer a new sponsorship opportunity called The Pantry designed specifically for smaller food and beverage brands who create premium kitchen staples that make final dishes the best they can be.
The products best suited for The Pantry are those kitchen staple items that our chefs and even our media guest will need to use in preparing the assortment of meals and snacks during their 2-day stay at WonderHouse.
- Salts, spices and seasonings
- EVOO and other cooking oils
- Dairy: butter, milk, cheeses, yogurts
- Salsas, hot sauces and condiments
- Sandwich and breakfast breads
- Organic honey, agave and maple syrups
- Cereals, granola, cooking flours
- Nuts, seeds and grains
- Broths and stocks
- Jams, preserves and chutneys
- Fresh fruits and berries
The Pantry sponsorship fee is $2,000 plus product. We'll also create sponsorship signage and a brief brand story blurb for each product, giving brands the recognition they deserve.
These sponsorships are very limited and expected to go fast, so if see The Pantry as your path to join WonderHouse, contact Miriam Anton (email@example.com) or Jeff Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to sign up.
Click the image below to download The Pantry sponsorship sheet.
WonderHouse is all about telling your brand story, so when crafting it (particularly with newer companies), don't shortchange the value of a strong founder's story on your website's "About Us" page.
All too often, I find great products on well-designed websites, and want to dig a little deeper, only to be disappointed when the About page is nothing more than boilerplate messaging that tells me nothing about the people behind the brand and how it got to where it is.
Consumers want to support brands whose values and principles map totheir own, and a compelling founder's story sets the stage for customers to not only hear your brand voice, but also decide if you're worthy of their business.
They say things happen for a reason, and that was never more true than last week -- but in a good way.
A curveball was tossed our way last week, but WonderHouse stepped up and swung for the fences. In the end, we adjusted our event dates by a couple of days to Jan. 31--Feb 1, 2018, and found an even more amazing venue that will better accommodate all of our indoor and outdoor brand experiences.
Our new venue is a spectacular 25,000 square foot luxury estate in Indian Wells, Calif (minutes from Palm Springs), and reportedly the former residence of actor Sylvester Stallone.
With 16 stunning bedrooms and breathtaking living spaces, it will accommodate our invited media guests, speakers and brand experiences better than we envisioned.
Now imagine your brand being part of this.
If you want to know more about how WonderHouse can help your brand, contact us today.
Questions are rolling in about WonderHouse, with the most common one being what kind of experiences can brands create during two days in Palm Springs.
Understanding that WonderHouse is all about creating custom brand experiences, here are some ideas to serve as a starting point to help stimulate your imagination.
We've divided them into three levels to demonstrate the degree of engagement for each.
This is our most coveted sponsorship. Your brand receives up to two dedicated hours with media guests to tell your brand story and create a customized immersive experience to support your earned media programs. Two brand reps. can attend.
- Food brand brings in a chef to prepare a themed meal that best showcases their products, ingredient and story
- Fitness brand hosts a fitness/yoga class that engages and immerses media guests
- Home fitness company sets up gym equipment for interactive workout
- A gluten-free brand sponsors preparation of a 100% gluten-free meal to further educate media on this booming trend
- Health & beauty brand brings in make-up artist to discuss latest beauty trends, and conduct interactive session
- Spirits brand sponsors craft cocktail hours with its corporate bartender creating a custom menu of specialty cocktails that showcase the brand and discuss what makes a great cocktail
- Wine and beer brands conducts in-depth tasting of their multiple varieties as a platform to educate media on
- Consumer audio brand installs a range of its sound equipment in WonderHouse, and brings in their audio expert to teach media about the nuances of sound
This level gives you the opportunity to create customized, interactive presentations/educational session showcasing your products and story. Designed as a hands-on demo for media guests accompanied by in-person conversations with a brand rep. One brand rep can attend.
- Apparel or athletic shoe brand provides media guests with product sample to experience (and keep) on a short hike through Palm Springs Living Desert or Joshua Tree. Brand brings in their hiking expert to talk about what goes into designing the ideal shoe
- Chocolate tasting that showcases brand’s full range of products, presented by a brand expert who can talk about trends in cacao production and how the brand fits into that situation
- Cutlery brand conducts interactive product demo/test, enabling media to use the knives as they were intended
- Cookware brand supplies pots & pans for all cooking demos. Brand brings in its cookware designer to talk about what goes into the R&D process.
- Outdoor grill brand provides grills for use preparing an outdoor meal
WonderHouse will be stocked with lots of lifestyle products for media use and consumption, and this level puts CPG products directly into the hands of media guests to use. We’ll create appropriate signage to draw attention and educate media on what they are experiencing. No brand rep. present at this level.
- A snack food, beverage or accessory brand provides product to be stocked throughout the home for use by media during the entire event.
- Include your product in a take-home gift bag of products for media to evaluate later.
- A home linen brand provides their towels and bed linens for every bedroom and bathroom in WonderHouse.
- Water and health beverage brands stock the WonderHouse refrigerator with product for consumption throughout the 2-day event.
- Premium candle maker provide candles and fragrance infusers for the WonderHouse rooms
Please contact Jeff Davis, Founder, at email@example.com for pricing information, or submit our online application to get the conversation started.
Program and pricing details are now available for our debut WonderHouse event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
We have several participation levels to accommodate multiple budgets, so take a look and contact us with questions about customizing your brand's involvement.
We're also excited to announce that nationally recognized fitness trainer Jay Cardiello will participate in WonderHouse, where he will offer his perspective on fitness and nutrition.
Jay works with an impressive list of professional athletes and celebrity clients, and will be conducting fitness and wellness classes with our media attendees.