In its newly published 2018 Advertising Playbook, primary research firm PSFK predicts 2018 will be the year of experiential marketing, and concludes in its finding that experiential marketing has become the most critical tool in the modern marketer’s arsenal.
Well, we couldn't agree more.
For WonderHouse, we're excited to see further validation of the trend that for brand marketers, it's all about the experience. And while WonderHouse puts a media-focused twist on experiential marketing, we believe is has a similar effect on media and influencers who have the reach to communicate their brand experiences to their consumer readers.
Some findings from the PSFK research for brands:
- Launching a new product or service (41% say it is a top priority)
- Building brand awareness (48%)
- Gaining market share (40%)
- Reinvigorating customer interest (50%)
- Changing an established customer perception (46%)
The study also found:
- 69% have created an experiential activation with the goal of helping have a better understanding of a product or brand
- 38% have created an experiential activation in order to improve social media / influencer engagement
- 42% have created a brand experience with the goal of sharing a brand's vision for the future
- 58% of industry experts have created a experiential activation with the goal of helping consumers understand how a brand fits into their lifestyle
PSFK is primarily a research company and is the world's leading provider of innovation, insights and trends. Its research addresses several industries, including technology, advertising, design and retail.